January 20, 2012

I recently read a blog post from a mom that said she couldn't help but get a little annoyed at people that would tell her to love every moment of having little children. You know in the grocery store when they're all going crazy and you think what was I thinking bringing them. They're into everything, they're in every which way and all you needed was to get butter or something simple like that for dinner and you're standing in a line that will not move. It's stressful, don't get me wrong, but it's a learning opportunity for everyone.











 I have always been a carpe diem person. I am known for getting emotional about anything. First day of school, last day of school, first tooth loss...you get the picture. I do enjoy those moments because I know they don't last. I know because Tyler was a super active little boy and now he sits at church quietly without snacks or coloring books or any other activity. I know it felt crazy and I will never forget how we couldn't sit longer than 2 minutes at a time. So excuse me for noticing that my kids are growing up no matter how hard I don't want them to, but they are and can I tell you how proud I am to call them my children. I love them so much. I love that I get to sit down and do homework with them everyday. No matter how much they don't want to. Life is such a precious gift! No matter how it's started it is a precious gift not to be taken lightly. I am so glad that we get to have children in this world to remind us the important things. I love that I get to serve the children of the Lincoln 3rd ward. I can feel their precious spirits when I walk into the primary room and see their smiling faces. I love that I get to see them grow and learn in the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I love how they challenge me and ask questions during a lesson. I know our Heavenly Father has an infinite amount of love for us. I can see it in the faces of the children around me. I know they have to grow up and the only thing that makes it o.k is that I know what wonderful people, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, maybe pilot, archaeologist and Veterinarian they will become. I hope you all have the chance to look into a child's face today and see the Joy that they have to share.

0 comments: